The PresenZ Viewer uses DirectX12, hence it will only run with Windows 10.
VIRTUAL REALITY HEADSET:
The Viewer is compatible with any OpenVR Headset like:
- HTC Vive
- Microsoft Mixed Reality
For the moment we only support NVidia Cards with a minimum of 6GB RAM.
- The DashBoard/Viewer allows you in desktop mode to pre-visualise the PresenZ rendering on your Monitor. For that mode a GTX 1060 should suffice, since you’re not bound to any frame rate to avoid cybersickness.
- For the VR Mode we suggest to be able to see the more heavy scenes to use a GTX 1080.
- Intel i7 or i9, minimum 4 cores with 2.8 Ghz base frequency.
- AMD Ryzen – untested.
- Minimum Ram: 16 GB of DDR4
- For movie playback we need 20 PCIE 3.0 lanes. 16 for the graphics card and 4 for the NVME SSD. So the Processor/chipset association should provide those lanes. We successfully used: X99,X299, H170,H270,H370, Z170,Z270,Z370
SSD For Animation:
The PresenZ Player for animated content ( available on request ) can run the movie from an SSD.
It needs to be a fast NVme PCIExpress 3.0 4x lane SSD that can sustain high bandwidth ( up to 1.5 GBytes/s ) for long periods without going into thermal throttling.
We highly recommend the models we have successfully stress-tested:
- Intel 750
- Intel 760p with heatsink
- Samsung 970 Pro with heatsink
Note: Samsung EVO models and previous Samsung Pro’s don’t work well with PresenZ because of thermal throttling.